Reindeer and Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Wooden Popsicle sticks
- Different colored pom pom balls
- Googly eyes
- Brown & yellow construction paper
- Brown & green markers or paint
- Paint or color the Popsicle sticks either green for a Christmas tree or brown for the reindeer.
- Glue 3 popsicle sticks together (either 3 green ones or 3 brown ones) and make them into a triangle.
- Decorate your Christmas tree with pom pom balls for ornaments, star topper and a brown tree trunk. Tape or glue a ribbon to the back of your ornament to be able to hang on your tree.
- Or decorate your reindeer with 2 googly eyes and a red nose. Tape or glue a ribbon to the back of your ornament to be able to hang on your tree. Two easy homemade holiday ornaments!
Snowman Mask Art
- Red and black construction paper
- White paper plate
- Craft stick
- Black pom poms
- Glue and scissors
- Cut out the inner circle of the paper plate by folding the plate in half and then cutting a semi-circle, leaving a circle trim of paper plate left.
- Cut out a black top hat shape and a red strip on paper to glue on to the trim the hat.
- Glue the top hat onto the paper plate circle.
- Attach the craft stick with glue or tape to the inside of the bottom of the paper plate circle.
- Now glue on the black pom pom balls as buttons, let dry and then have some snowman fun!
Snowman Water Bottle
- Water bottle
- Blue glitter
- Clear glue
- Red (or another color) pipe cleaner
- Black and orange construction paper
- Using an empty water bottle, pour in the clear glue. You can use the whole bottle or just some and divide the rest among other children. The more glue you put into the bottle the slower the glitter moves inside.
- Now sprinkle lots of blue glitter into the water bottle. You can use any color glitter you want or even sequins!
- Pour room temperature water into the bottle to fill up and twist back on the cap.
- Decorate your water bottle by tying on the pipe cleaner scarf, gluing on the orange carrot nose, black eyes and buttons (you could also use a black sharpie to draw on the eyes and buttons).
- Shake, shake, shake and watch your glitter snowman sparkle!
Hand/ Foot Print Projects
- Different color paint
- Different color construction paper
- White feathers, for penguin
- Googly eyes
- Pom poms
- Black sharpie
Projects: use these pictures as a guide.
- Footprint Snowman
- Hand print Tree
- Hand print Penguin
- Hand print Menorah
*I have made these print crafts on potholders, dishtowels and ceramic plates using fabric paint or acrylic paint. They make great gifts for grandparents and other relatives!
Have fun and please share your special Holiday Art Time with us!