Every year, when the kids go back to school, teachers have them draw, write and discuss what they did on their summer vacations. Since no one seems too interested in asking the mommas how their summer went, I thought I would bring up the topic here. But as I worked on my own list, it was more a list of what I didn’t do on my summer vacation.
- I didn’t pack a single lunch.
- I didn’t check to make sure that homework got done.
- I didn’t make sure my kids went to bed by a certain time (they had more of a range).
- I didn’t insist that they got up at a certain time in the morning.
- I didn’t get out clothes for them the night before.
- I didn’t have to fight the parent drop off/pick up lines.
- I didn’t have to spend the evenings at school functions.
- I didn’t insist that my kids do summer bridge classwork to stay at grade level.
- I didn’t cram events and activities every waking moment.
- I didn’t put on a bathing suit!
What did, or didn’t, you do on your summer vacation?