These Egg Nest Cookies are the perfect treat to end any Easter egg hunt. A delicious sprinkled sugar cookie nest balanced with hard-shelled chocolate eggs. This recipe is a great stay-at-home family activity that everyone can enjoy!
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Easter sprinkles or colored sugar sprinkles*
- 2 bags (10oz) Cadbury mini chocolate eggs
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer and paddle attachment, cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in egg for about a minute.
- Add in dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt). Mix on low until fully incorporated.
- Using a small disher** or a tablespoon, scoop dough and roll into balls. Roll balls into sprinkles and place on a lined cookie sheet. About 1 ½ inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. As soon as the baking sheet is removed from the oven, quickly press 3 chocolate eggs into the center of each cookie.***
- Let cool for at least 2 minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
*If you don’t have any sprinkles on hand, these can be easily rolled in regular sugar
*Using a disher scoop guarantees even cookies
***The eggs nestle better when the cookies are still warm, so bake small batches at a time or recruit another bunny to help place eggs