Editors note: This is the second of a 3 part series featuring Robin Wilson and her role as a mother, entrepreneur, and leader in the global design industry. She is an Ambassador to the Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America.
During our interview, Robin talked a lot about being a mom and how she finds ways to balance her career and motherhood. Her wisdom was too good not to share.
- Be grateful for the basics in your life, including always having the basics in your pantry to help you get through tough times.
- Love – and share that love with those in your life while they are here.
- Our children are going to get older and indeed the days are long and the years are short. Live in the moment with them.
- Everyday, do something nice for yourself.
- Get an Instant Pot
- Buy science related toys for your children and encourage them to experiment.
- Take your child outside every day for fresh air.
She also shared a quick and easy recipe for lentil soup you can make in the Instant Pot.
1c. red lentils
2 carrots, diced
medium onion, diced
4 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
Garlic salt, to taste
2 tbsp. olive oil
Use the saute function on the Instant Pot and add the olive oil and veggies. Cook for 5 minutes to soften. Add the garlic salt, broth and lentils. Seal the pot. Cook for 15 minutes and allow it to naturally vent when done.
This recipe means a lot to her. Not only because it is easy, but she can involve her child in making it and it has those pantry basics. While it is cooking, she is able to set her child up with an activity and she knows she can get in a quick bath and breathe for a few moments. And the reward of sharing a meal with her child that they both created sets them both up to be in the moment with one another.
Born in Austin, Texas, Robin lives in the NYC area and is the proud mom of a daughter.
She has a Masters degree in Real Estate Finance from New York University; and a Bachelors degree from the University of Texas at Austin.