I like to make home-cooked meals for my family at least four nights a week, but that doesn’t mean I always have the time (or the desire) to make an elaborate meal. Here are four ridiculously easy and healthy go-to meals starring ingredients from Trader Joe’s.
P.S. Clean-up is super fast, too.
Chicken Stir Fry
Pre-cut veggies, frozen brown rice, a flavorful sauce, and thin-sliced chicken breasts are all you need to whip together a fast stir-fry.
- Pre-heat your pan on high with a drizzle of vegetable or canola oil (olive oil is okay, but it’ll smoke more).
- Cut your chicken into small bites while the pan heats.
- Brown chicken in pan and remove.
- Add veggies to pan and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken back to pan.
- Add Soyaki sauce to coat chicken and veggies, more if you want extra sauce.
- Cook rice in microwave for 3 minutes while sauce, chicken, and veggies come together.
Lentil Bruschetta Dip
This is so easy, it’s barely a recipe. This dip is a party favorite but is filling enough to be a stand-in for a meal. Make it low carb by nixing the tortilla chips and turning it into a lettuce wrap.
- Dump the lentils into a mixing bowl and break apart with a fork.
- Add the entire jar of bruschetta mix and container of feta cheese crumbles.
- Mix and scoop with the tortilla chips to eat. Yum!
Gyoza, Edame & Steamed Broccoli
Stock your freezer with these essentials for an easy anytime meal.
- Cook the gyoza, edamame, brown rice, and broccoli (fresh or frozen) according to its package’s instructions.
- Make a plate with some gyoza, rice, edamame, and broccoli and dig in!
- Use the Soyaki sauce from the stir-fry meal above as a dipping sauce for the gyoza. Trader’s does sell a dipping sauce specifically for gyoza if you want to stock both in your pantry
Lentils & Red Pepper Soup
This is another meal that barely counts as a recipe because it’s so easy.
- Heat the Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper soup according to the package instructions.
- Carefully (to avoid splashing) add the lentils to the soup and break apart with a fork or spoon.
- Simmer until lentils are heated through.
- Serve with a salad kit from the refrigerated section and some yummy fresh bread for dipping.
There you have it. Four meals to get you through a hectic workweek + pizza delivery on Friday. Tell me about your favorite quick meals in the comments below!